Advice from La Vidange Loiseau
With nearly 60 years' experience in the tank empting and drain unblocking sector, La Vidange Loiseau puts its expertise at the service of its customers. The company offers precious advice to ensure its customers' installations work smoothly and prevent any problems.
For kitchen sinks
- Place a strainer over the plughole of your sink to catch residues and pieces of food that could obstruct your pipes.
For showers and baths
- Place a strainer over the plughole of your shower and bath to catch hair, which builds up over time and ultimately causes pipe blockages.
- Don't forget to remove the hair from the strainer regularly.
- Clean the shower, bath and basin U-bends regularly.
- Don't dispose of food waste in the toilets.
- Similarly, never flush oils or fats down the toilet, as they harden when cool.
- Explain to your children the importance of placing only toilet paper in the toilet bowl, never their toys or anything else.
- Only dispose of toilet paper in your toilets, not wet wipes.
- Use enough water when flushing to ensure that water, urine and faecal matter drains away fully.
- Finally, take care when attaching toilet cleaning and deodorising product holders to make sure they do not fall into the bowl.
For household appliances
- If your home is located in an area prone to limescale, use a descaling agent in your washing machine and dishwasher.
For septic tanks
- Let nature do its job – do not add chemical products to your septic tank.
- Take particular care to plan for your septic tank to be emptied on time to prevent it overflowing.
For your cesspit
- Never pour paint, cement or other non-natural substances into your cesspit.
For your pipes in general
- Run hot water into your pipes from time to time and use a water softener.
- Take care to limit the use of drain unblocking products and other chemical substances, which can damage your pipes.
- If you notice bad smells, gargling in the pipes when water drains away, water rising from the cesspit or staining of rainwater, a pipe is probably obstructed or blocked.
- If a pipe is blocked, you can try using a drain plunger with a rubber suction cup, pouring in a mixture of liquid drain cleaner and hot water and thoroughly cleaning the U-bend.
- If these techniques do not work, you will have to call in the experts, such as La Vidange Loiseau.
Contact the company for more information or a quote. La Vidange Loiseau is ready and waiting to advise you and solve any problems requiring a tank to be emptied or pipes to be cleaned.